Thursday, July 9, 2015

Link: Regarding the Phrase "I'm Just Playing My Character"


A friend recently directed me to the blog Improved Initiative, with these wise words about those players who justify disrupting a game by blaming the character they are playing.
"Ideally the characters will work out a solution through roleplay, and the players will be open-minded enough to seek an equitable answer. The problem is when one player answers any criticism of his or her character's actions with, "I'm just playing my character." Just as any man who must say I am the king is no true king, if you find yourself using this phrase too often to justify your actions you might want to take a step back and re-examine what character you're actually playing."
Read the whole article here and it will provide a better idea of how to address this classic problem at the game table.

Happy ventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment